Lunch Goals


This coming from me might be a joke to my friends and family. They know that I hardly indulge in lunch. Not that I wasn't hungry and starving you know. It's just work and last minute collaterals will need my attention thanks to difficult clients and partners. Since then, I have managed to make changes. It took me many drastic measure and difficult decisions. So go on, read!

Unless your office strictly enforces lunch breaks, you might have fallen into the unfortunate habit of skipping your lunch break in order to squeeze in a little extra work. Or maybe you quickly chuck down a granola bar to save time and to get some sugar rush. You are not alone. Only one in five office workers reports taking a lunch break. But taking time to step away from your desk to eat and recharge is hugely important for your productivity and health.

Co-workers who take a break during the workday have more energy, more motivation to return to work, are better able to concentrate. That also depends on the type of food you consume and the amount. Eating clean and in healthy portions are key before returning to work. Having too much of junk food or other unhealthy snacks tend to weigh  you down and create clouds of yawns.

Psychologists have found that people actually work best in 90 minute spurts with a break in between, so taking a substantial break halfway through the day can do you a lot of good. Studies show that this break helps you to re-group, prioritize, and manage your stress levels better.
In fact, a lunch break will help you accomplish more than if you work through lunch and skip a meal in favour of a quick granola bar. The longer you are at work, the more important it becomes to step away from your desk because creativity is stifled if you don’t change environments. Creativity and innovation are fuelled by a change in environment, especially if you head outside. Which means both you and your company will benefit from you taking a lunch break.

Co-workers who take breaks also have fewer symptoms of common workplace maladies such as headaches, eyestrain, and lower back pain when they return from a break. 
Sometimes a lunch break can feel like an extra hour of work just tacked onto your day simply because you are not at home. But by looking at your lunch break as personal time (which it is!) and not professional time you might start to really enjoy that hour! 


Do you skip lunch as much as I did before? Drop a line and share with me WHY or if you have overcome it, HOW? 

Have you got BLOGLOVIN
Find me there!

X❤X❤,
Dimito Michiyo


34 comments:

  1. I find that I always accidentally skip lunch and before I know it, it's dinner time and I am starving!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's the word ACCIDENTALLY
      Sometimes you just don't think about and and work goes on and BOOM!
      It's DINNER time...


      Thank you for stopping and sharing your experience with me:)

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog!!!! love it <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love,

      Thank you for stopping by. Hope you continue to enjoy it!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  3. Looks so yummy! I always eat lunch, can't live without, haha ;)

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi N!

      Well, in that case you are a very good role model to advocate the importance of eating lunch;)

      So lovely of you to stop by!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  4. This lunch looks absolutely perfect!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Violette,
      It was and I always get Bali withdrawal syndrome whenever I am back home from there.

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  5. This was so interesting to read, thanks for sharing! And yeah, lunch is such an important meal.

    Hugs Bella, http://nouw.com/bellss/heeled-mules-outfit-30233572 // Instagram: bellaskoog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bella,
      Thank you your kind words. Lunch is important, can't emphasis enough!
      I can't seem to use the link you have left behind:(

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  6. I don't skip lunch but I often eat in a hurry. Good info!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Amy Ann!
      But you should savour and eat slowly. You're a momma you deserve that time to enjoy your meal.

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Tastes even better Keri:)
      Thank you for stopping by and glad you enjoy the visual tasting.

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  8. I couldn't agree more with the importance of taking breaks in between working, especially for lunch! Speaking of, your food looks amazing and I'm sure it was! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great weekend ahead, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jalisa,
      i'm so pleased to hear so many whom are all agreeing with LUNCH.
      Thanks hun, I regular patron this restaurant whenever I'm there!
      They are one of the many best places there.

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  9. Are you located in Bali? What an incredible lunch this sounds like.....Looking forward to reading more!!

    XOXO
    kellmenow | http://www.kellmenow.com/environmentallychic/
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wish I was a full time Bali resident Kelly.
      But I visit Bali pretty often and that's good enough;)
      Thank you for stopping and I hope you will enjoy my future reads as much as this one!

      If you like me to write more on Bali or have any questions or suggestions please feel free to ask.

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  10. I used to skip lunch all the time and it was bad. Now I'm at the point where I end up taking late lunches. But I'm taking them. I love this post and the reminder that lunch needs to be had, and on time too!

    Danielle | FollowMyGut.com <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Danielle,
      I realised it especially when some of my friends who are almost 30 and start getting health scares. Such a joy to hear that you are taking LUNCH even if you're late, at least your having a meal and that's a good start!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  11. This looks delicious darling! Chicken quesadillas are my fave! You look fabulous!

    Adela
    http://www.hautespark.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS to Chicken Quesadillas Adela!!!
      Best snack. Thank you very much:)

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  12. I always need a short break if I'm doing the same thing for long periods of time. Your lunch looks so yummy!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short breaks are great way to channel positive energy back in!
      Thank you Samantha:)

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  13. I'm guilty of skipping lunch and just eating a little something at my desk. By the afternoon, I'm always dragging!

    Brooke

    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke, I feel you babe!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  14. This lunch looks delicious!

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it was super yummy Olga!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  15. So jealous! Looks delicious! As a teacher, I don't get a lunch break and I so wish I did! Maybe someday!
    xx
    Courtney // https://courtneylivin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney as a teacher you need to have lunch... can't imagine dealing with students without catering enough energy to yourself:)

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  16. Great post.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete
  17. Lovely post
    The Pink Pineapple
    New post:http://thepinkpineappleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie!

      X❤X❤,
      Dimito Michiyo

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.